MISSION STATEMENT: The KAY program empowers Kansas students with lifetime leadership skills and an attitude of service to others.
• Membership in KAY is available to all students attending a KSHSAA member school.
• Participation in KAY builds character, promotes good citizenship and improves life skills.
• Participation in KAY allows students to develop lifetime leadership skills. • KAY provides students the opportunity to develop a positive attitude of service for others.
• KAY provides a supervised opportunity for students to grow in character, leadership and selfless service. • KAY focuses on service to a student’s school, their community, nation and world.
• Participation in KAY contributes to school spirit and pride.
• KAY promotes positive school and community relations.
• Participation in KAY promotes academic achievement and enriches each student’s educational experience.
• Service to others benefits both the receiver and the giver.
• Attendance at KAY Leadership Camp, Regional and Unit Conferences provide a tremendous networking opportunity for both student members and sponsors